My Doha Experience with Qatar Airways
Doha really exceeded my expectations as a city and I was pleasantly surprised around every corner. I love it when countries have a mission, a culture and a heritage that they hold dear. All of these things are definitely true in Qatar. With only three days to explore and get to know the city I feared I wouldn’t get a real feel for it but I was proved wrong. During my time in Doha I experienced friendly locals, people with a deep love for their country and a whole lot of things to do!
I wanted to share a few moments Mike and I caught through our camera lens to give you a glimpse of what we saw when we visited.
- Qatar airways flies directly from Cape Town once a day and you can get some really good deals!
- Try doing a 48 hour stopover in Doha if you are using Qatar airways to fly somewhere else. You can definitely see a lot during that time.
- Stay at the Sheraton Grand Doha for great views and easy access to a lot of the sights.
- If you are on a South African passport you don’t need a visa to enter the country for a stay of up to 30 days.
- Book tours with Travel Designer if you want something that is guided.
- Remember to dress and act respectfully in accordance to the culture ( check out my what to wear guide here )