As 2016 is coming to an end I cant help but let out a sigh of relief. Not that it really means anything when the clock goes from 31 December 2016 to 1 January 2017 but like everyone else I feel it is the chance for a fresh start. January bring with it a sense of hope and eagerness that maybe got lost in December.
This year I decided to change my blog direction completely which was tough but so worth it. I didnt travel as much as I wanted but took the time to focus on myself and get exactly to where I want to be. Next year will be full of adventures and travels and all things amazing so I cant wait to get 2017 started off with a bang.
Instead of focusing on all the bad things that has happened this year I will be telling you about everything that made me happy however small!
Top 8 Highlights of 2016:
1. Getting our two kittens Leo & Princess Leia from DARG was definitely one of the best things to happen to us. They bring us so much joy and I literally cannot imagine life without them.
2. Finding my vibe ( if you can call it that ) has been really amazing. I struggled with my blog voice and style when I first started it but towards the end of the year everything just fell into place which I am so happy about.
3. Spending a lot of time in the mountains has been so refreshing and humbling. I used to be a beach only girl but Michael and I tried to hike as much as we could this year and its been so great. Sometimes you just need the peace, quiet and fresh mountain air to feel alive
4. In October we headed off to Limpopo on an awesome trip with some great people. What made it really amazing was seeing the talent of the people that live there. Young people that have almost no money but sky high dreams that they are working so hard on. It really brings you straight down to earth and makes you want to be a better person as well.
5. Michael went on a lot of trips this year and even though its been difficult to see him going to places like Iceland alone I am also so proud of him. Going from working full time for someone else to doing your own thing isn’t always easy but he has really grown so much in the last year.
6. Exploring my own city has been the best this year. I got a cable card, went on yacht trips and wine trams and have done all the touristy things that you sometimes don’t do when you live somewhere. Its given me a new love for my city and it makes me so happy when people tell me they are visiting because of the photos I share.
7. Tracking a cheetah on foot was one of the scary crazy but amazing things I did this year and even thinking about it gets my adrenaline pumping. Seeing such a beautiful animal was so worth it though.
8. Staying at so many beautiful places around our country has been amazing. It shows that you don’t have to always go far away to experience different things. I loved staying at Platbos forest for Valentines day, spending time at the beautiful Bartholomeus Klip and camping with Michael in the Cederberg to name just a few.
I hope you have a safe and wonderful New Years eve filled with laughter and beauty!