Wanderlust Travel Tag
I love reading wanderlust travel tags so I thought it would be a great way to kick off my new blog. This way you can get to know me a little bit better as well!
1. Your most treasured passport stamp?
I have so many to choose from and I feel like they are all pretty close to my heart. I do love the Venice one though as it was for a surprise trip Michael organised for me for Valentines day. We had an amazing time and the festival was happening so it was great to be able to walk around with masks on!
2. Can you recite your passport # from memory if asked?
Haha no way! I dont think I have ever needed to and these days copy and paste is so convenient.
3. Preferred method of travel: planes, trains or automobiles?
I hate the boredom of flying so I would have to say cars as road trips are always fun little adventures.
4. Top 3 travel items?
- My camera and iphone! I feel so lost without these and I cant imagine travelling without them.
- Laptop. This might seem like a strange one but seeing that I do a lot of traveling for work its great to be able to post and edit on the go.
- Headache tablets! I always have these near me as a lot of the time travelling gives me some serious headaches.
5. Hostel or hotel?
I am more of a hotel girl as I love having some privacy! That said, I have stayed in shared accommodation while camping on the island of Reunion and it was much easier than I expected. I guess after a full day of hiking you don’t really care where you sleep.
6. Are you a repeat visitor or do you explore new places?
I always want to be a repeat visitor because sometimes I feel like there is so much more to see and explore but I do prefer seeing new places. If I could I would do both though!
7. Do you read up on your destination (culture,history,safety) or do you wing it?
I have this strange habit of looking up a place only a little bit before I go but as soon as I am there or after I get back I go crazy on google! I need to rethink my strategy though as I keep on missing out on awesome places.
8. Favorite travel website?
I love www.theroadlestravelled.com and www.theblondeabroad.com
9. Where would you recommend a friend to visit? Name city & why.
I would definitely recommend Reunion Island. I recently visited and it was pretty amazing. There is so much to do from chilling on the beach, hiking, seeing active volcanoes! Definitely a place for people that love adventure!
10, You’re leaving tomorrow, money is no option, where are you going?
Ohhhh so many places, Maldives, India, Canada and so many more!